From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:02:15 -0400
> When a report forgets to include one of the top honey producing countries with almost 4 million hives, it pretty much shoots the credibility of the entire report.

The FAO gathers information from thousands of sources. Looking over the data, the values for the Ukraine are all off by 1000, which could have been an error in translation or some such. However, I see no reason to dismiss all the data on the basis of an error related to one country. There may be other errors as well, but the big picture seems accurate. I don't have time to check the validity of all 8300 entries in the Excel file. I can forward a copy of the file to anyone who wants to comb over it.

Pete