From:
Robert Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 01:49:46 -0400
Hey Dave,

I can't seem to find it again either. About a year ago I did some prodding
around different european varroa products and found one that utilized
thymol, eucalyptus oil, camphor, and menthol. It was in a dry tablet form
and was to be placed in the hive. I'm still trying to remember the name, but
anyway I contacted the company and they would have nothing to do with me
since their product wasn't approved for use over here. I have a similar
formula from "beekeep" on another newsgroup who says it was developed by the
USDA Beelab in beltsville. I haven't tried it yet but here it is

25 cheap sponges cut in half
1 - 125gr jar of thymol
add 1/2 ounce menthol to jar
add 1/2 ounce camphor to jar
add eucalyptus oil to fill jar
let stand 24 hours til dissolved
In a bucket pour over the sponges

http://www.vita.demon.co.uk/products.htm

you might find this link interesting as well.

Robert
www.texasdrone.com