From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2017 11:10:11 -0500
Seeley, T. American Bee Journal. November 2017. 1183-1187

He has suggested that a viable approach to beekeeping is to keep bees in one or one and a half story hives, allowing them to swarm, &c., -- harvesting perhaps one super of honey per season. As on who aims for a harvest of 100-200 pounds per hive, I find this a bit -- je ne sait pas quoi?

It also seems to require very low densities also,  1 to 2  hives per square mile,  and a 80% loss on those first year swarms.   So  its not going to fit everyone's cup of tea.  Less bees per square mile than humans means were going to have to cut way back on honey consumption to make that work!

Looking forward to his next installment though,  as we go along there may be things hes seeing that we can apply to larger scale hives and honey.

Charles