Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:01:06 -0500
Elizabeth,

Lloyd Spears gives excellent advice on how to manage comb building in brood
boxes and supers for honey production, and yes, if it were me, I would remove
this extra comb from the inner lid when you open your hives tomorrow to
respace the frames.  If they just have honey in them, after brushing off the
bees I would just pop them into my mouth and enjoy.

I don't intentionally make mistakes with my bees, but it always amazes me how
much more I learn from my "mistakes" than I do from my "successes."  For
learning, do what you think is right and see what happens.  As many others have
so aptly stated:  "The bees will let you know."

Layne Westover
College Station, Texas