Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:00:42 -0500
Recipe?

My basic recipe is outlined at http://honeybeeworld.com/misc/pollen/.  The info is getting old now, but the recipe is still good.

I don't make my own patties anymore.  Years ago, I outsourced the making of the patties, first to a Hutterite colony, then to some fellows who were hobby beekeepers and run a donair business.  They proved to be very good at patty-making, word got around, and soon all the commercial beekeepers in Alberta were at their door.  They chose the name, "Global Patties" and expanded.

They don't advertise much, but word gets around and soon US beekeepers were lining up.  Due to demand from the US, cost advantages, and border hassles, they opened a plant in Montana which custom mixes supplements and makes patties  for US customers, including some of the brand name manufacturers or their distributors.  Basically, Global is a low-margin generic supplier that will make anything you request.

Nonetheless, their basic standard patties which have proven to be the most popular over the years still are made to the recipe on the web page above.