From:
Nick Shilliff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:43:47 -0500
  I have been looking at prices for package bees from many suppliers.
>The prices range from $23.00 for 2#w/Q up to $43.00 for #2w/Q that is
>for 3 banded Italians. Any ideas as to the big price range?

>My guess is "Quality" - You get what you pay for generally speaking.

Al Needham
Gary-Al is right.A few years ago I bought some $23 and some $50 3#
packages.One of the $23 packges blew up inside the mail truck  and filled
up the Harrisburg PA post office with the bees.The beekeeper that rescued
the bees and postoffice workers said the packages were not very well
costructed.I have never had that happen with  the $50 packages.
Nick -Fingerlakes NY-bees are flying today!