From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2015 08:21:15 -0500
Charles wrote:

.   A ground applied systemic would have zero effect on

> flies spiders butterflies,  and bees.

Soil injection or application is one of the very worst applications of neonics because the amount applied per hectare is so much more than seed treatments.
But I don't believe you meant the above statement.

Your correct,  I typed that poorly,  any insect that was sprayed would of course be killed.  What I was trying to communicate is that insects would quickly backfill any area.  Flies, butterflies  and many other assorted winged and crawling insetcs would very quickly move back in after a soil drench.  We see it here every day.  There are as many bugs in the fields as in lesser sprayed areas from quick backfilling.   The exception to that is ants.  You will find them on the edges,  but hey don't take well to constant soil disruptions and pesticides.

Charles