From:
Jorn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 20:27:58 +0200
I have now performed a heavy revision and bug fix on Bidata and have
expanded the queen breeder mode.

I got help from a professional programmer , against payment (1500USD), to
get this software to perform error free. It has now succeeded in running
stable and without errors on my computer for 14 days and all functions have
been tested. This edition have taken all my money from my bank account set
aside for Apimondia in South Africa, and because I am unemployed and living
from work insurance, this will be the last public update from my Hand. Those
with big registration will still get information of updates coming.

There is following news in the software.

If the queen is changed the old queen will be preserved in a special
database, so that she can be used in further expansions of the queen breeder
mode.

If you wish an Automatic generated queen identification will be made. It
consist of the following elements.

up to four chars in initials followed by a number determining the race of
bees. then two numbers  determining the year the queen is introduced. then
up to a number of 2million as a serial number and then a slash and the
number of the hive where the queen first is introduced. Additional can be
added the queen line in the form of F00, F001 up to F99.
The queen line can be obtained from a dropdown list. This should assure a
unique number for all queens. there are space for 99999 queens. and up to 2
billions records in the database so even with a unusual number of hive notes
I don't think you will run out of space.

A queen number could look like this:

JJoh30030-30F00

In my system the number 3 after the initials stands for Buckfast. This
number by the way can be obtained from a dropdown list. The queen serial
number will be shown both in the queen numbers and a special field (read
Only)

there can be given up to five drone sources to the queens.

By the way the queen breeder input follows the Swedish Queen breeder
register card. and all points are included.
 also is a change made so that when a new bee year starts (a new database is
automatic created) a list of queens from last Year will be shown, so that
queens still present can be imported to the new Bee Year.

I know that a software of this kind always will be a compromise, but I have
been concerned of being so all-round as possible.

because my financial situation is bad, I will ask you to get the update
yourself.

http://apimo.dk/programs/bidatawin95_98_update4.exe

this will be the last public update if membership of EDBi is not maintained
or the software is not paid for otherwise.

Best regards

Jorn Johanesson

EDBi = Multilingual software for beekeeping since 1997

home page = HTTP:\\apimo.dk