From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:26:31 -0800
Allen:
Considering that some on the list keep bees in areas where the temperatures get
well above 100 degrees F, I wonder if at certain times of year hives are sterilized of viable nosema spores?

Reply:
Don't think so due to fact that collapse followed the the hot sommer months here and in fact were still enough  hot days, with muggy monsoon weather added still, when first saw signs and eyes lite up with what I was seeing. So by what you write above lesser chance in spring with prior to main flow build ups and not following the normal HOT summers......when even 105F is average.