From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2013 09:54:54 -0400
>Well, from the story I was told, it seemed like a classic case of an African colony. They blew in, killed the goat, and moved on. It was during the time of year when many beekeepers bring bees up from Florida to pollinate apples,

I do not know what specifically makes it
seem like a "a classic case of an African
colony".  There are very similar accounts
describing honeybees killing 'teams of
horses' donkeys and all sorts of farm
animals extending back over 100 years.

>so we had a plausible scenario. But the Tuscon lab reported the sample I sent as "European".

So what they said was:
"We'll tell you what its not, but we
will remain vague on what it is"  ?

They are morphing the sample bees,
would that not reveal the race involved?

I sometimes wonder why the tests
distinguish specifically if the bees ARE
or ARE NOT AHB, but they leave the
results ambiguous by NOT naming what
race or races were involved.  If it is of
value to know if its AHB, why is it not
of value to know the race('s)?

My personal opinion is that perhaps,
"somemoney" may not what this