Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2013 08:36:08 -0600
> So, AHB is definitely being managed in US operations, with some
> success, and the AHB component seems to be the ticket to
> varroa-tolerant bees. The question is then are whether they have been
> bred to where they are safe for neighbourhoods and whether they are
> as productive as EHB managed with treatments.

Well, I got one very vehement "No" on temperament from a very
experienced beekeeper off-list.

For those who may not wish to post publicly, I am collecting responses
at my personal address.  Will summarize to the list.

Important: Any experience reported must be fairly current to be
meaningful.  I am assuming that some progress is being made in
integrating and selecting this stock.

I may be wrong about that, but this is what we want to know.  What are
current queens from Texas like?