From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2017 08:21:09 -0700
>The problem is that we often have clinical symptoms of nosema disease with
spore counts well below 1 million, but on the other hand, no clinical
symptoms with counts far above.

Peter, could you please tell us what you consider to be "clinical symptoms"
of nosema disease?  Dysentery is NOT a sign of nosema disease.

> Re. the threshold data you provide, Randy, can I find that in the
> published literature?

I happened to be reviewing some papers when you asked, and had just seen a
couple of graphs in:

Francis RM, Nielsen SL, Kryger P (2013) Varroa-Virus Interaction in
Collapsing Honey Bee Colonies. PLoS ONE 8(3): e57540. doi:10.1371/
journal.pone.0057540

and in

Locke B, Semberg E, Forsgren E, de
Miranda JR (2017) Persistence of subclinical
deformed wing virus infections in honeybees
following Varroa mite removal and a bee
population turnover. PLoS ONE 12(7): e0180910.
https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0180910

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA