Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 05:59:49 -0800
>>>   it is hard to make predictions, especially about
the future.

Look at science fiction written 100 or even 50 years ago and then look at what's happening today.  Now, back to beekeeping.

Mike in LA

On Monday, January 13, 2014 12:29 AM, Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On 13/01/2014 4:47 AM, J. Waggle wrote:

> Open Question to the Scientific Community.
>
> Perhaps A. I. Root deserves an answer!
>
> 'Does a failure to take amateur inventors/scientists seriously,
> put the scientific community, as Root says "so much behind
> the times"? -and would you consider failures of scientific
> community to take amateur inventor/scientists seriously a
> hindrance to science as Root alludes?

If you happened to be there that day, what would your reaction have
been?  They flew (sort of) a few yards.  No one foresaw modern
airliners.  At the time kites and balloons were more reliable.  As that
great intellect said " it is hard to make predictions, especially about
the future.

> Please address replies to:  'Dear Mr. Root' I will forward it.

Ah; that does make me sit up and take notice!

Geoff Manning