From:
Mike Rowbottom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:10:48 +0000
Aaron

I managed the beekeeping supplies business for my local association in the
UK for 8 years from 2005.  I believe the big difference in the UK at least
is how the manufacturers get to market.  In the UK the big players formerly
used agents, and for the agents a significant mark up over buyin- in price
is required to make the business model work.  Now the internet lets
everyone buy directly from the manufacturer.  In this scenario there is no
benefit to the manufacturer in offering bulk discounts as he/she can sell
all the kit at top dollar to individuals.  There will always be some people
looking for bigger buys for their operation, so some relatively small
inducement may win orders from competitors.

I'm not sure the above is the who;epicture, but it is certainly one factor.

Best wishes

--
Mike Rowbottom

HARROGATE
UK

On 12 February 2016 at 07:15, Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>   I have been thinking that vendors are less
> interested in larger buyers and are more focused on small quantity
> consumers.  Perhaps my analysis supports that thought?  Where would a
> larger quantity consumer go for the buying advantage that seems to have
> disappeared?
>
> Aaron Morris - thinking my dollar doesn't go as far as it used to....

> LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:

<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>