From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:15:34 -0400
This message  was originally submitted  by [log in to unmask] to  the
BEE-L
list  at LISTSERV.ALBANY.EDU.  It was edited to remove quotes of previously
posted
material.

----------------- Original message (ID=F121E07C) (86 lines)
-------------------
From: "Donna Freeman" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology"
Subject: RE: Russian Aggressiveness
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 8:50:13 -0400

Hi,
I too started two hives with Russian Queens, they were package bees, this
being my first year. One Russian queen is doing fine. build up was slow,
but the are not hard to work and have not found them aggressive in any way.
The other hive had to be requeened, she was laying spotty and too many
drone, The new queen was started in a nuc and then put in the hive. I would
like for you to email me with update on your Russian bees if you have the
time. I have two other hives, one is Italian and one is the ARS Y-C-1 or
Yugo. The Italian built up very fast and the queen is great, the Yugo hive
is still small, but very easy for me to work.
Thanks
Donna

--- Donna Freeman
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.