Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 08:05:45 PDT
Several local beekeepers and I pollinate crannberries on the Oregon coast.  One of the difficulties doing this is that when they are ready to come home, around July 1, they are often very MEAN.  Major mean.  (Possibly from poison pollen! But that is another subject.)

Standard wear for this move is a long sleave hooded sweatshirt, hood up, under the beesuit.  Plug the hole in the hole in the veil zipper with a wad of paper and get out the duct tape to more securely fasten the suit to the top of the boots.  Use that duct tape on pockets and any other problem areas too.  We all wear Dadant suits, though others could be used.

Now you are ready to move bees. (Or mow some grass?) A little hot?  Yes.  But only a few stings, usually thru the pant legs.

Dennis Morefield
Sideline Beekeeper,  100 colonies(at times!), Oregon, USA