From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2015 21:21:34 -0700

> >We should not digress here to ask why the authors didn't do a full
> decomposition profile of IMI in the bumblebee.

C'mon Christina, that's obviously not what I was asking!  Read my comment
again:

"Interesting points are the apparent accumulation of IMI in bumblebee
brains over 3 days. Unfortunately, there was no longer-term data to see
whether it reached an asymptote (where dietary exposure reached equilibrium
with detoxification)."

I wasn't in any way criticizing the paper or the authors.  What I was
saying was that since IMI clearly accumulated, it would certainly be of
interest, since as you pointed out that bees continue to feed on tainted
nectar, to know to what degree the accumulation would go.

I thought that we were going to have an open-minded scientific discussion
of facts and evidence.  If you're going to play games like this, I'm out.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA