From:
Dave Einhorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 09:59:44 EDT
> From:    "Steven A. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Vetch
>
> ....  A local farmer has about 20 acres of
> vetch sown which is just now comming into bloom.  Does
> anyone out there know what kind of a crop, if at all,
> can be made from vetch.....

  If the plant that you are referring to is "Crown Vetch" then it is
  purchased in either seed or "crown" form, to be planted as
  grown cover, usually in hard-to-mow areas and roadsides. The plant
  has a double row of oblong leaves, and small flowers.  Reproduction
  of the plant is by seed and root sytem.  The plant is not eaten by
  our horses, and since the plant is agressive, has to be limed in
  areas where it is not supposed to grow, otherwise it will crowd out
  pastureland grasses.

   Dave Einhorn