From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2014 07:36:32 -0400
Assuming someone is not well read or isn't capable of an intelligent
discussion or argument because they have not read a certain book, or doesn't
agree with your thinking would make very little growth.

I'm with Charles on this. I found the comment demeaning. The books cited, except Diana's, are old.

ABC & XYZ:

> Lots of good information, but missed a few things such as the slatted rack. And nothing on colony colapse disorder, but CCD came out after this edition. Reads like a encyclopedia, but that is what it is. Only real problem that needs to be addressed it that much of the book is taken up by biographies of beekeepers. Reverand L.L. Langstroth created the movable frame hive and is the father of modern beekeeping, should be included, but I didn't need to know about the first apiary inspector in Wisconsin and so on. The biographies should be spun off into a separate book, if you can get enough people who want to know. Amazon Review

Hive & Honey Bee:

A new edition should be out soon. However, the current one for sale is pretty dated (1992). A lot has happened in the interim.

PLB