From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2017 11:57:50 -0400
Re: concept of unsigned articles>

ABJ, under Joe Graham, became the journal for the industry to go to for informed information, readable research.   If it loses it's direction, the industry needs to make that known to the publisher, as well as what the industry expects it to be.  In this case, you have a publisher that depends on the industry for it's viability- Dadant and Sons doesn't depend on ABJ to keep it profitable, it depends on all of us buying their products.

I can see by the new APPS, etc. that Dadant wants to modernize the journal.  But there's a big difference btw modernizing and change of mission.

Let your concerns be known, now, before things get set in stone.  Tell ABJ what you like, what you expect.  If the publisher ignores your concerns, vote with your purchases and let them know.

My father was a dairy man.  Then came the day, when one of the national grocery chains decided to only stock their own brand of milk (brought in from out-of-state).  The local dairy producers got together and passed out a card to all of their family and friends.

Basically, anyone going to a store of that chain, would load up their shopping basket, go to the checkout, and ask where the local brand milk was at.  When the clerk answered, we don't carry that milk, a card was handed over stating:  If you aren't going to sell our milk, we're not buying your groceries.  Then, the issuer of the card would walk out of the door, leaving the grocery cart by the check-out, forcing the store to re-shelve.

It worked incredibly well!!   Amazing how fast the local brand milk re-appeared on the shelves.