From:
Glen Glater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:39:51 -0400
I had a swarm yesterday and a neighbor unhappy that they chose her tree
to sit in while the scouts did their work.

Aside from gifting honey, how do you handle these things?

In the 8 years that I've had hives, this is the first time they chose
her yard, yet she felt it was OK to come over to my house at 9 PM to
tell me that I'm "upsetting the neighbors" by keeping bees on my
property.

Also, she seems blind (deaf?) to the incessant barking of her 2 dogs.
So, since there is a legal reason for her dogs to not bark (disturbing
the peace) and there is no legal reason that bees can't be kept, I feel
that I have the upper hand, but I'd rather not go down that road (of
course I have no problems mixing my metaphors...)

Thanks.  Reply directly to me at mailto:[log in to unmask] .

--glen