Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2013 13:42:22 -0600
> I'm  still curious as to data on distances involved in the bee kill
> incidents.  How do they compare with other pesticide drift issues?
> What would be a safe distance to respect?

That is what I would like to know. I think some of this came out in the
transcripts of the testimony to Canadian Government committee posted
here about a year ago, but the media articles never seem to mention this
important consideration.

Some have assumed that the beekeepers are right across the fence, but my
impressions have been that the distances can be greater than that.

Some say that what one does on one's property is that person's business,
but there are plenty of examples where sanctions apply if consequences
occur off-property.  Examples are water diversion, burning noxious
materials, shooting firearms.  In other instances like abusing one's
spouse and children or pets, growing dope, etc., society also seems to
think that the public has a right to intervene.