From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 08:04:40 -0600
Well, Aaron figured I must be dead -- or worse -- last summer because I
did not rise to the bait when conjecture was rampant about oxytet use and
wild ideas about grease patties were bandied about, linking resistant AFB
to patty use.  NO mention was made of the idea -- first heard right here
from this very scribe -- that resistant AFB would soon appear in the USA,
and that it would be imported with South American honey.

Those of us who use oxtet are busy people with little time to waste. I'm
only goint to say a few words here and they are along the line of  'READ
THE FINE LOGS'...

The question of the use of oxytet has been beaten to death over and over
on this list.  That is not to say that something new and worthwhile has
not come up each time the topic has been discussed, but I must say that
the abuse of the users of oxytet by some list members using words like
'stupid' and the subsequent piling on of emotive posts is likely to
generate far more heat than light.

Much of what is to be said has already been said and said well; I strongly
recommend searching the BEE-L logs for 'AFB' AND 'oxytet' OR 'TM' OR
'Tetracycline' or some such keys using the URL at the end of this post.
Then, choose whether you want to believe those who use calm reasoned words
backed by ample experience or those who make unsubstantiated alarmist
statements unbacked by anything but conjecture, non-sequiturs and bad
reasoning.

You'll find the former group are busy people, taciturn after having once
spoken, and unwilling to argue the same old matters over and over.  The
latter group seems to have endless time to spout conjecture about things
in which they have little experience.

There ARE good arguements for both sides, and conjecture does have its
place, but...

Allen
---
Newsflash!  Visit http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/beel.htm
to search BEE-L archives the easy, easy way or to
update or change your subscription options.
---