From:
Lionel Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 2010 20:35:10 -0600
Hi Grant,

I totally agree with you. News ain't worth watching. I had rather be working
in the honey house or the shop building something.

Talk radio is about the worst thing ever invented, in my opinion. Most of
the hosts are down on everything people try to do to better others. Most of
this is politics.

Opinions on BEE-L are what it is all about. All beekeeping is local and what
works for one may not work for anyone else. Facts are often confused with
logic or research. All has it's flaws.

If beeks listened to all the hard facts on BEE-L, Chemical companies would
either flourish or go busted. Any given day facts from both sides are
posted.

I live in North Alabama and have not treated for Varroa in the last 3+
years. Some of my hives are doing great and some just so-so. Last year was
our best year for honey production in the last 4 years. Last year I made
some Cotton honey. First in several years to amount to anything. I put
supers on several hives on July 6. These were shallow supers with 10 frames
of Perma Dent plastic foundation in each. August , I checked a super from a
hive that was completely filled from side with Cotton honey. I made pictures
to show and tell at the meetings. The inspector was impressed enough to
include them in one of his presentations.

All is NOT gloom and doom as most want us to believe.

Lionel
North AL