From:
Carlos Aparicio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 15:16:07 -0300
Dear Sherry:

        My idea is not requeening, but let that make it the own bees.
        Each  adult beehive should have two boxes intended for brood chamber .
        An important task of the beekeeper is to eliminate the blockade of honey in
the broodchamber.
        That is to say, that  to the beginning of spring, each beehive must have
two boxes integrated by brood or  foundation. The honeycombs with honey or
with very few suckling should be put on the suppers to the extremes.
        Not to forget abundant ventilation.
        The bees won't swarm.
        If the queen isn't good, bees will substitute her.
        May be bees will pardon the life of a regular queen??
        I don't the exact answer.

        In any case I have the following vantages of the natural bee requeening:

        a.)The new queen is perfectly adapted to the ecosystem, just like
his mother.
        b.)Here in Uruguay, our bees are resistant to some diseases, in some
degree also varroa. The new queen will be at least so strong like her mother.
        c.)Usually bees know a lot of things newbeekeeper (like me) are just
learning.

        Regards

        CARLOS APARICIO

        PLAYA SANTA ANA