From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:19:25 -0600
Hello Robin,
The chruncy was not honey crystals! The texture was suspect. Buy a jar an
try yourself and report back!

The small beekeeper has a hard time understanding (in my opinion) why I
object to the largest packers in the U.S. selling organic honey.

One of the largest packers in Argentina is already selling under the organic
label even though Argentine honey is banned right now in the U.K. I believe
because of contamination problems.

Your list makes sense but TOTALLY UNINFORCABLE. The whole concept is on the
honor system.

The USDA has had trouble even enforcing "Pure Honey" . Can they police
"organic honey" or "raw Honey"?

The small U.S. beekeeper has bad mouthed the large packer (like you did in
your post) Robin so now the large packer has found a way to shut up all the
hype about their overfiltered, over processed foreign honey.

Three large packers I have been told now can label organic in the U.S..

I do not know of a U.S. agency which will police honey on shelves with the
organic label to see if it really is what it is claimed to be!

The organic food business which Rodale started has climbed from a small
farmer doing things correctly to a huge industry (9 billion last year) with
no policing using the organic food label.

I do the largest farmers market in the six state area. I see farmers all the
time bring in a load of perfect produce. Not one mark from a bug and claim
the product has never been sprayed with a pesticide.
City folks at times have called Bob "another dumb farmer" but at least I
don't buy the no spray hype  of certain farmers selling perfect lettuce like
a few "city folks" do! I raised and sold produce for a few years!
Just because a farmer puts up a cardboard sign that says "no sprays" or
"organic" does not make it so!

Bob