From:
"Gary C. Lewis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 00:54:05 -0700
It would not hurt to check with a Doctor just in case you have become
allergic to stings. Did you have any problem with breathing? Was there a
problem when you swallowed? Other than the swelling of the area around
the eye was there any other problem. How long did the eye stay swollen?
   I have been stung many times and it seems that certain areas of the
body will swell more that others. A sting on the arm is just a small red
spot with no welt.
   A neighbor was over one day and didn't want to put on a suit. A
normally quiet hive just kind of exploded when I was getting ready to
close the hive up. Before my neighbor could move he got hit with a
number of stings. The Stings on his head were large and red, his eye was
swollen shut but the stings on the arms and hands were just red.
   Be on the safe side check with a doctor. It may be nothing to worry
about or you may have to carry something with you if you get stung
again.

Gary C. Lewis
Duke Center, Pa.