From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2013 10:17:56 -0400
>Can anyone explain how the cells got out there on bare  foundation?  BTW,<

I assume this was a split, and you are asking how eggs got out  there?
Either the original queen placed them there, OR they were moved  there.  Begs
the question, do honey bees ever move eggs?

Peter - I'm sure you can provide the citations.  I do envy your  access to
all those old journals - my Liberal Arts University (UM at  Missoula) has
precious few.  The Ag School (MSU at Bozeamn) used to  have a good selction,
until a new Apiculturist moved the office and the bee  library to the State
Library and the Dept of Agriculture in Helena.  He's  long retired and the
State Library had no interest, so we more or less lost  any  library in the
state with bee journals.

Glad to have OnLine access to newer papers, but miss going to library  to
leaf through those old journals - always  ended up stopping and reading  lots
of things other  than the article(s) I was looking for.

Jerry