Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2010 01:27:08 -0400
Alas I miss the warm weekend(with bees)

At least I have some good luck, eg:
the fencer was battery-less prior to 27mar
There were no consequences -- thank the $GODS

First pollen 29mar2010 Fenelon, full flow next day
Makes it easy to see who's strong and who's not
They are possably 5% stronger than I had previously thought

None of these were extensivly examined, still cool, no need
Most have 2-5 frames brood,the Qs started (WAG) 7feb-3mar
Mostly it looked "normal"

Stunted nuc has no brood, cluster softball+, bees all 6+ months old
Did not see Q, didn't look hard. probably dead
Gave them a frame to see what they can make of it
Easy to inspect!

Many of the strong hives are hyper, for a least one I will HAVE
to wear veil, 2+ regicides (or amputation) coming up.
An unfortunate mix of russ, it & AMM
Too much AMM in last italians
At least my wrists maybe won't get arthritis
And maybe these unpleasant hives can be the "control" (C-less)
but that's not quick enough

I'm a bit torn about setting up some hives to die,
perhaps I'm over sentimental (just bugs)
but it seems like I  only just got  a handle on this horror show.
I'm not quite ready to jump back in
Perhaps if I can go a season with only bk incompetence being the problem...

As well I don't require any validation, if I
had only seen my observations once it might be different.
Conclusions are another story, life sciences are multi-factorial
This biology "stuff" is not my forte, logic will have to serve
Three possabilitys:
1) C is appropriatly effective
2) As common, virus virulence decreases thru time, unclear why
3) Mites are key, implies VD main vector, demonstrateably false
4) something else
Since it's probably 1) I am a hampster on treadmill viz treatment
Time for someone to find which EOs ccd is sensitive to

I don't see any ankle rub now, still see various abdomen rubs
2nd and 3rd gram C fed (last week march)
Maybe diminuation of ankle rub is a sign I'm winning?

dave