From:
Metro Propolis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2013 09:08:21 -0700
>I had a bit more trouble getting the PF100s drawn, had to scrape off
more problem comb than on other plastic foundation,

Somewhere in my travels I read that cell size was determined by the
measurements of the bee's own body - Possibly a limb length -  and that
bigger bees had trouble making smaller cells.

I cannot help but wonder if the issues with drawing out the frames are because the bees' "Hands are too big"

In my own experience, a direct transition from LC to SC can result in some mixed results in terms of drawing comb.

I've had significantly better results with a staged transition, over 2 seasons, from LC -> Foundationless -> SC.

It would be interesting to see if undrawn SC frames put into a hive that already has SC frames would be drawn more successfully.

Whatever your personal view of SC, I'm sure there's no lack of new beekeepers that would line up to take it off your hands at a premium price.