Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:27:30 -0600
 > ...many of us are  continually experimenting.

When you could be beekeeping instead?   Too bad IMO.
'
 >   But no need to change to a new one every few years as mites develop
 > resistance to each synthetic.

That is thanks to our regulators and scientists who made sure we did not
have
alternative and complementary treatments available until each synthetic
failed in
succession  -- and who continue to be far too fascinated with a myriad of
hypothetical and irrelevant (to us) issues to take the time to lay
varroa low.

Oh, wait, who is making out like bandits due to the varroa issue? Follow
the
money.  Varroa has been a godsend for everyone except the actual beekeeper.
Finding a simple and effective solution would destroy a whole industry
built on
varroa.

If science can land a man on the moon, and I hear that this happened a
half-century
ago before we had even a small portion of the tools now at our disposal,
what
could be so tough about finding varroa's Achilles heel?