Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 14:47:30 -0700
Hi all,

Since there are a bunch of commercial beekeepers out there I thought I'd
ask them how you feed your package bees once they arrive?

We'll be starting sixty 3# packages this coming end-of-April.   Since
I'm joining the ranks for the 'budget-minded' beekeepers I'd like to
keep the cost appropriate (i.e. use corn syrup?  bulk-sugar?  Where do
you buy 3000 lbs of sugar?  How do you feed in mass?).

Ordinarily I've used top feeders (found these extremely efficient) but I
think I'll have trouble finding sixty 1-gallon glass containers or
similar - so I'm guessing people will tell me to use the frame-type of
feeders to get these bees started.???

Thanks for your advice, as always.

Matthew Westall - Castle Rock, Co