Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2008 17:36:59 -0500
We have been down this path often.

Just a small reminder that in the days before pesticides started to destroy
the planet, we lived to be about mid-forties, infant mortality was rampant,
and famine was the norm around the world. One third or more of your budget
was for food.

Why is it that this whiny generation seems to think they live in the worst
of times when we are actually in the best of all possible times in the
history of the earth. The only famines are government induced, like the
Sudan.

We actually have the science, desire and affluence to do something about our
problems.

Now, for the Luddites, we do not need to spray anything. We just have to
have no problem with people dieing of starvation as we keep insisting on
blemish free fruit and vegetables.

Same with bees. All you commercial operators, just stop treating and they
will all applaud you as you go broke.

Just a small aside. when I was a kid and lived in Key West, Fl, the DDT
truck would come around weekly and spray a nice think fog and we kids loved
to run through it.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine