From:
Ernie Huber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2011 23:27:21 -0500
Randy said:
<That's the one!  Can you find the multiple flaws? For much better
experimental design, I suggest researchers such as Delacourtye.>

            No, I wasn't able to access the paper without spending some money. I was
expecting that you would amplify your remarks, since you referred to the study. I didn;t
find papers by Delacourte, but did find one by Decourtye, M. Le Metayer,
 H. Pottiau, M. Tisseur, J.F. Odoux, M.H. Pham-Delegue in <Hazards of Pesticides to
Bees , Avignon (France), September 07-09, 1999> Ed. INRA, Paris, 2001 (Les Colloques, n98)
The paper was titled <Impairment of Olafactory Learning Performance in the Honey Bee
After Long Term Ingestion of Imidacloprid>
          If Decourtye, not Delacourtye, is the guy whose methods you like then it is interesting
that he also finds a huge difference between the acute LD50 values and the chronic
LD50 values- by factors ranging from 100-10,000 times lower for the chronic study
as compared to the acute study- at least for two metabolites of imidacloprid.
            We started this discussion thread with you saying that you didn't think it had been
demonstrated that there was a trade off between time of exposure and dose level
such that the chronic LD50 levels could be far lower than the acute LD50 levels for imidacloprid.
But I find this stated everywhere I look-apparently even with the author whose methods you like.

            I  look forward to seeing your ABJ article on this subject.
                                              Ernie Huber