From:
Judy and Dave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 21:03:53 -0400
Have gotten a few calls today.

There was an accident on the Interstate.  Two of our beekeepers have
bees on farms right next to the Interstate.  The accident involved a
truck carrying molasses.  Feed grade molasses.

The bees apparently are going after the molasses that was spilled.

One beekeeper, an attorney, happened to be at the scene.  :o).  He got
about 6 5-gallon cans of the stuff.  Said he tasted it, and had to spit
for 5 minutes.  It tasted nasty but was real sweet.  Wondering if he
could use it to feed his bees.

I said I had never heard of it being used as bee feed.  Didn't think I
would use it, but, since I didn't know for sure.  I said I would ask the
experts.

Thanks.

Judy in Kentucky, USA