From:
Jon Sawyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2017 08:02:10 -0700
Genetic traits in animals has always been an interest of mine. It is
actually something that pushed me deeper into bees and then into II. Being
able to get multiple generations in a year, is pretty fascinating in live
stock.

I'm looking to compile a list of genetic mutations in honey bees. I found a
number of them scattered around, but no real 'list' beyond this short blurb
on Glenn's site http://www.glenn-apiaries.com/oddball.html.

Recessive Traits
cordovan
white eyed
light/purple eyed (which is apparently a separate traits to the whiteeyed,
and doesnt include complete blindness?)

Of course we also polygenic traits and traits that are more difficult to
see visually like VSH.

I'd like to research and compile a slide deck for my local association on
genetic traits, and would love any contribution of subtopics, to point me
on my way.

Thank you,
Jon