From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 07:22:02 EST
> ...  several different apiaries are selling specialty honeys which
> include nuts, fruits and spices in their whole form....

This is a more common thing as time goes by.  I attended a session at
a conference somewhere (can't find - haven't gone looking for my notes)
on the topic and decided it was something I'll not do.  Although the
"product" commands a higher price in the market place, it is no longer
"pure honey" rather it becomes "food stuff" and as such is subject to a
higher degree of scrutiny by those who scrutinize for food preparation
sanitary conditions.  Rules and regs for honey production are stringent
enough as they are, food preparation rules ad regs put the bar too high
for me to attempt.  As always, your abilities and rules and regs may
vary.

Aaron Morris - thinking honey production is tough enough!