From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 14:28:23 -0400
         Gerry Visel  wrote.
>   Hallelu-ya!!!  Thanks so much for posting the status of your work.
There is hope!! > Very well done!
>   One question:  would wintergreen or the other oils now fall into the
"miticide" >family now that needs FDA approval in the US??  I sure hope not
(but presume so!)

At long last!  I was beginning to think essential oil treatment would be
another lead balloon!!
        How could the FDA ban a natural substance? Surely it's up to the
individual to decide whether to use it or not? There is no way anyone can
claim essential oil as their own pro-priority brand, and only a fool would
apply to the FDA for approval, the cost would be astronomical, with no
return!! How are they going to know you use it, if you don't tell them?
        IMHO we should give these folks big hearty congratulations, now we
can stop using Apistan, and it's cheaper.
        Just think Aaron can now wait and get his fall honey crop!
        If we can persuade enough of the others we might be able to save the
world's wax situation. I read somewhere it would take 50 years to
decontaminate the wax supply of existing fluvalinate.

   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,  *
   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1. *
   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks           *
   *  Agents for: E H Thorne &  B J Sherriff UK. *