From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:52:09 -0400
Tom says "Sometimes it seems to embed - but then the wax is melted to the
board
underneath - and it all pulls apart when I left the frame."

Tom, I am not certain which embedded you have and that may make a
difference.  My experience is with the embedder made by Kelley.  If the wire
is taut, the current need only be applied momentarily to embed the wax.
Longer than 2 seconds and the wire will melt through.

It often is not feasible to get the wire embedded across the he entire width
of the frame.  However, as long as it is 75% or so embedded the bees will
work it just fine.  In fact, I know one guy who puts the frames in without
embedding the wire and the bees still draw it out just fine.  Embedding may
do more for the beekeeper than for the bees!

Hope this helps

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner of Ross Rounds, manufacturer of comb honey equipment
for beekeepers and Sundance pollen traps.
http://www.rossrounds.com