From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 2010 09:17:37 -0600
Hello All,
The latest film on the neonicotinoids will be released June. I am in possession of the entire letter  and can send to interested parties. I expect the entire letter to be published in one of the magazines listed below before long.

The letter is a request to suspend registration of the neonicotinoids for two years in the hardest hit areas of die off under the provisions of FIFRA  and explains the reasons why.

I can say from direct experience that California is needing hives. My contacts in Texas & Florida report many calls and horror stories of large scale losses.

Both Bee Culture & the American Bee Journal have been sent the entire letter.

Quotes from the letter :
"We think the crisis is not mysterious. The answers are relatively clear-cut , from evidence across the U.S.,numerous studies in Europe and Canada, neonicotinoids bans in Europe have allowed beekeepers to successfully restore their colonies"

"In the film ,we have tried to systematically rule-out some of the widely -reported possible causes of the massive die off to find the one underlying explanation that really works, all over the world, at the same time, with the same bizarre behavior: bees simply leaving their precious honey and young bees behind. They don't come home"

Below is the email sent with the attachment letter to the EPA.
  To:
  Laurel Hopwood, Sierra Club
  Aaron Colangelo,  Esq., NRDC
  Brita Belli, Editor, E-Magazine
  Cheryl Long, Mother Earth News
  Darren Cox, American Honey Producers Association
  Dave Hackenberg, Hackenberg Apiaries
  Dr. Charles Benbrook, The Organic Center
  Dr. Neil Carman, Sierra Club
  Hedwig Riebe,  DBIB, Germany
  Jerry Brown, American Honey Producers Association
  Jim Bobb, Eastern Apiculture Society
  Jimmy Durchslag, Mainstream Media
  Joe Lewis, Harford Honey
  John McDonald, Beekeeper
  Karl-Rainer Koch, IT Magazin, Germany
  Louis Sahagun, LA Times
  Nikki Schwab, Washington Examiner
  Philipp Mimkes, Coalition against Bayer Dangers (Germany)
  Roger Greenway, ENN.com
  Stan Sandler, PEI, Canada
  Dr. Vandana Shiva, Navdanya, India
  Walter Haefeker, European Professional Beekeepers Association, Germany
  cc: Robert W. Whetzel Esq., counsel

  Subject:
  Letter to the USEPA from the Director of the film Nicotine Bees, requesting a 2-year neonicotinyl usage moratorium and other specific actions on the honeybee die-off issue

  Hello everyone:

  The attached letter is our request sent to the USEPA for a 2-year neonicotinyl usage moratorium in a 'test region' such as California or Florida, and other specific actions on the honeybee die-off issue for the United States.

  We attempted to compile the many important recommendations of the experts and beekeepers and farmers we spoke with, and frame them as actions that could be taken by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) - the regulatory body in the US most relevant for the majority of concerns.

  I hope the actions noted in the letter prove to be a useful reference point for our joint understanding, and move us towards a rapid improvement in conditions for the honeybees, pollinators, people and the world.

  Thanks for all of your efforts here,
  Cheers,
  Kevin

  --
  Kevin Hansen, LEED AP, PG
  Director, Nicotine Bees, the movie

  "Sustainability is a state of perpetual vitality supported by the resources local to a place" - Sandy Wiggins