From:
Carlos Aparicio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 05:52:44 +0300
Hi Jamie:

        Here in Uruguay (35º latitude South) we do not have African Honey Bee.
        We know the AHB has no capabilities to manage the temperate weather
and will perish with temperatures less than 10º Cº. This fact, stopped them
in Africa between  tropics which in America is Sao Paulo at South and
Florida in the North.
         Programs of intensive breeding and artificial insemination could
change the aggressively  of AHB, but these programs in my opinion could also
improve the capability of AHB to survive in temperate climates. Is a
personal fear, but also a question I do to list members.

        Have luck with your project
        Carlos Aparicio