From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2013 10:18:50 -0700
>After a few weeks of chronic exposure to this thread, I find that it seems
to be seriously debilitating MY neurons!

Well said, Jim!
>Can someone walk us through an English description of the process by which
the

> dose is fed, digested, and moved around in the bee, and why all (or any!)
> of
> it would collect in the brain, and then bind to specific neurons?

Suchail found that IMI fairly quickly moves to the rectum.  Suchail did not
specify whether she included the Malpighian tubules (where detoxification
generally takes place) with the midgut or rectum samples.

It is very poorly absorbed into the hemolymph for distribution to the rest
of the body.  And it then is rapidly degraded in the M. tubules and rectum.
 Only a tiny bit is ever in the hemolymph.  IMI and its degradates spike in
the head for about a day before disappearing there.  Seven percent of the
ingested dose rapidly goes to the thorax, presumably binding to the
synapses of the muscular nervous system.  Then it is again rapidly
degraded, first into some metabolites, and finally nearly completely
disappearing, other than a questionable unexplained spike of two
metabolites at 72 hrs.

> --
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA