From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2014 15:28:31 -0600
Robin,  while its is easy to pick that answer  "we don't know so it may be
this so lets ban it"   You miss a lot of information.  First you wasted
efforts on things that don't matter.  Those efforts spent worry about
Neonicitoids could have been much better spent finding out what chemicals
are actually in your hive  Neonicitiods are NOT in the top group,  If I
remember they were about no 17 on the list.

Those bent on Banning Neonics,  also are woefully misinformed about what
WILL happen when you ban them  Systemic sprays applied to everything in the
field will return.  You WILL see a huge reduction in pollinators,  you will
have more bee kills and I PROMISE those of use in the Midwest will despise
what happens.   Neonic seed coating has DRAMITACLY reduced and much better
targeting than any product before.
  You will not stop pesticides, you may change to something much worse.  If
you want to be ona band wagon,  lets go after golf courses.  There use of
Chems that kill pollinators and local forage  dwarfs any farms acre for
acre.

Are small doses bad?  Probably,  but the truth is I live in the most heavily
applied Nenicitiods in the country,  and my bees are no different in
production or longevity than those with bees that have not seen any.  We
have several national forest in the country that should be havens for bees.
No sprays for miles...  and yet,  its not the case.  We should be able to go
to Yellowstone and find bees untouched for 60 years.....wow those would make
great stock.  Areas  in the Ozarks don't see squat for seed coatings or
sprays,  and yet you don't see huge honey crops there either.

A simple and serious look at application areas and bee losses will show you
quickly,  that Emperor has no clothes.  So lets drop it and get to the
reality.
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0009754

Check this,  you will find Permethian one of the Majors...    that's a
gardening spray and tick lotion active ingredient.  Could it be that tick
lotion you put on before you worked your hive has a better chance of getting
in you wax, than seed coatings?     Data show that to be a fact. (although
it may not be your tick spray)
Charles