From:
Tom Speight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:46:38 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Automatic digest
processor <[log in to unmask]> writes
>If someone gives me dimensions for it, I'll draw it up and make it available on
>my site.
>
>-Barry

No plans are required. It just looks like a pallet. The description by
CC Miller gives good enough directions.
I don't know what size of hive he was using at the time.

Qoute from 'Fifty Years Among the Bees':

 As material for a rack there are two pieces 18 x 1 x 3/4 inches
and 21 pieces 10.1/2 x 3/8 x 3/4 inches
  The little pieces are nailed upon the 3/4 inch sides of the two
larger pieces, ladder-fashion with 1/2-inch space between each two
strips.
The strips are allowed to project over at each side abont an inch.

   I value this bottom-rack highly. It prevents building down and at the
same time gives the bees nearly the full benefit of the deep space,
preventing overheating in hot weather, thus serving as no small factor
in the prevention of swwarming, it also saves the labor of lifting the
hive off the bottom board to reverse the bottom-board and then lifting
the the hive back again,spring and fall. Instead of being made up in the
way described, a board 10.1/2 inches long may he split up irregularly
and used for the cross-pieces.

End of quote
hth
--