From:
dthompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2013 10:00:24 -0400
More and more I think that the value of formic acid as a treatment for ccd is as a disinfectant
I got an object lesson about this by losing ~ 7 boxes to wax moth
These were ccd deadout boxes, I put the ended FA pads on these boxes (last summer)
The was moths did not seem to  be bothered at all by the remenant FA,
they burrowed into the pads
And some of those boxes had been sprayed with BT, Certan 401
Where there were no FA pads the BT gave good moth control,
so FA may be disinfectant for BT too
It was certainly a surprise to see this
dave