Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 20:04:15 -0600
I have been using oxalic acid to treat for Varroa mites for several years. I
use vaporisers similar to the Varrox, but heated by cartridge heaters using
120 volts AC. I have ten of them and treat 5 hives at a time. I place the
vaporisers in the hives and seal them up fairly well. The generator that
supplies the power is in the back of the truck and is about 100 ft. away. I
set a timer that disconnects the power source after 5 minutes and leave the
hives sealed up for another 10 minutes. I use this time to load the other
five vaporisers. After 15 minutes I remove the vaporisers and put the other
five in a new set of hives. I am 100 ft. away from the hives being treated
and there seems to be no need for respirators or goggles.

I do have a full face respirator that I used while I was first experimenting
with this stuff, but I am pretty sure I do not need it the way I am doing it
now.

Best regards,

Donald Aitken