From:
bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:42:43 -0400
Hi Robert,

All stings hurt even after all the many that I have had.  My advice to
new beekeepers is----
Get stung twice.  Once USUALLY tells you how bad a reaction you are
going to get.  And
USUALLY the second is not as bad.  That is how it works for most
people.  If I work the bees
and don't get stung I will grab a bee and get her to sting me.  I feel
that that is how I keep my immunity up.  (helps my arthiritis too)

If you keep getting the same bad reaction you might want to try a new
hobby!
Mother Nature gave the bees a wonderful thing---------- HONEY!!!!
She also gave them a way to protect that good stuff!!!

billy bee

----------
> From: Robert Watson <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: A Lesson Learned
> Date: 25 juil. 1997 17:12
>
> I wrote a while ago about getting stung several times in my left hand
> while hiving a swarm, this May.
> My hand swelled up rather large, and by the next day the swelling was
> going up my arm.
> I was convinced by some people that I should get some medical help.
> I was give Prednisone.
> The swelling went down eventually - I wondered if the drug made any
> difference.
>
> Anyway, today I got a sting in my left wrist...first sting since the
> multiple ones in May.  I went immediately to the nearest Walk-in
Clinic,
> in case I was going to have a bad reaction... I didn't!  So I never
got
> out of the car,  just drove back to the beeyard.
>
> But as the day progresses, I'm finding the pain and swelling is
> increasing....I took one Benadryl (over the counter
antihistamine)..and