Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:05:50 GMT
>>Lab studies commonly have little or no relevance to actual field conditions.

If the GMO pollen in large amounts was harmful to the caterpillar, that's enough evidence for me that it's harmful.  I assume regular pollen in large amounts did not have the same effect?

Why allow something that's harmful at all?

None of the studies I've seen - lab/field or otherwise - ever take into account the COMBINED effect of different harmful substances, even in individually low ppm amounts, on organisms or humans.  Why not?  It's silly to presume that folks are exposed to these poisons selectively or one at a time as done in studies.

The mentioned studies may be a good first step in the evaluation process but should never be accepted as adequate for releasing new chemicals or organisms into the food supply or the environment.  Give me well designed studies that mimic the actual exposure of wildlife or humans and then we can have a meaningful discussion.

Waldemar