From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2011 07:29:56 -0500
Hello David,
I had hoped you might reply.

>I had Hacks bees  for the fall when this all started happening, We had
>actually
had unexplained losses about 45 days before he started finding his problems
in
our outfit.

I am not sure what you mean.

"We ( you or you & Hack) had actually had unexplained losses (CCD symptoms
or simply losses?) about 45 days before he ( Hack?) started finding his
(CCD?) problems in our (Your hives David?) outfit.
Can you explain further as you lost me. We were told Hack's bees arrived in
Florida and he saw the problem when he arrived shortly after unloading. Are
you saying his arrival was around 45 days after you unloaded and took
control of the hives for winter?

> I know there were no samples of
my hives taken and I don't think any others than Hacks and maybe Paul
Burt's were taken.

From memory I do not believe Paul's were sampled either.

>Sorry to dispel the Canada connection, but that's not the "smoking gun"
as Jerry coined on day one to the first reporter to break it.

So the Canada rumor came from Jerry B. on day one?

I never believed the rumor anyway but know there are many Canada hives in
the northeast which had come across before the closing and easily seen (as
you say) by the boxes.

Thanks David for the post!

bob