Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 2009 21:54:56 -0400
    It is a dilution of the origianl gene pool by way of concentration of
other traits, whether good or bad. I don't know how to explane it other than
that.  Other genes have been selected for which have moved bees away from
their European ancestors.  If I may diverge from bees-it is like the
original Field Irish Setter.  The breed seen in the show ring today has very
little bird sense.  To get the field Irish back the current show dog will
have to be out bred with the Field English to put bird sense back then color
breed for color.

Coleene